We managed the comprehensive development of a real estate project in New York…
- An Argentine investment group contacted Abexa during the 2007 financial crisis to diversify their businesses and invest in real estate in the United States.
- We detected an opportunity to make an investment in Brooklyn, New York. From Abexa we collaborated in the structuring of the investment group to participate in different real estate bidding processes organized by US banks.
- Later, the group came first in the bidding process and was awarded an emblematic and historic property strategically located in Williamsbourg.
- The Abexa team prepared the financial engineering for the comprehensive development of the Project, which initially involved restoration and enhancement of the historic property worthy of several awards. Once put into operation, it quickly became a prominent location for corporate events and product launches.
- Initially hired as advisors, we later joined the group as investors. From that position we participated in the development of the debt strategy that was required for the subsequent stages of the works.
- After that, we participated in the development project of an important hotel to be built in the space formerly reserved as parking lot. This implied acquiring the air rights of the neighboring houses to get approval.
- Finally, after a turnaround in the group's investment options, we managed to sell the project completely when the new hotel project was already approved and underway.