We designed and managed the regional expansion…
- The owners of a food company asked the general manager to draw up an expansion plan, given the promising development of their national distribution business segment. The plan aimed at including other food items in the same market and moving towards a regional expansion.
- Abexa was hired to help the company achieve this outcome. First, we conducted a diagnosis of the company's business. We evaluated the competition and market share for each of the products in the portfolio, and sales volumes for each type of outlet.
- Next, we designed a specific diagnosis and proposed a three-stage expansion plan starting with Mercosur and gradually growing until reaching Mexico.
- We identified companies with compatible and feasible businesses that could be acquired in Uruguay, Paraguay and Brazil.
- Within a year and a half we completed the acquisition of two companies, in Uruguay and Paraguay respectively, which were the first steps in the regional expansion plan.
- Following that first stage we identified valuable opportunities and advanced in the purchase of a company in Mexico, managing to expand to Central America even before landing in Chile and Peru.
- Abexa's participation was decisive in the agile management of the regional expansion process, first by analyzing the company’s profitability in its business segment. This led to the definition of the strategy and evaluation of the companies to be acquired.