We accompanied the CEO of an important company…
- We were contacted by the company’s top manager right after taking over as CEO after his predecessor retired. Although he had been with the company for quite a while, the new role implied having increased accountability.
- From Abexa we proposed an executive and personal coaching process because he seemed overwhelmed by the new role as only decision-maker with ultimate responsibility. The challenge was to work on his availability at various levels: vertically with shareholders above and his managers as direct reports; horizontally with the community and regulatory entities.
- We designed a process to work on specific issues and developed a suitable agenda for the CEO. We called it "the score" because it included hard information and also enabled the personal touch of the "conductor". The agenda defined fifteen central items clearly classified as urgent, important and strategic in a double entry matrix with assigned times.
- Focusing strictly on that agenda and working on a dashboard he managed to improve and focus on communication with his managers; he was able to delegate the order of priorities defined for each of the items. As a result, the managers were empowered to develop their own agenda with that same “score” to report to the company's shareholders in the monthly follow-up meetings.
- With this program he managed to overcome a chaotic situation, and consolidate control of the company after only six months.
- In addition, we became members of the Board of Advisors, and provided consultancy services less frequently, monitored tasks while it was necessary before he took full control of all the items.